Supports for the journey
These are some ways you can support prayer in your life :
- keep a journal and review it from time to time (for details)
- praying with others e.g. join a prayer group or pray with friends
- reading / studying …
alone and with others, e.g. bible study group, book reading group
- see if there’s a Christian Life Community near you
(Ignatian faith/life sharing group)
- look out for days/evenings of retreat or go and hear a talk
- find a spiritual director with whom you can discuss God’s action in your life
- keep an eye on having a healthy balance in life :
work, leisure, health, prayer, relationships
- create a ‘prayer place’, a way of starting and ending your prayer time,
start a notebook for your prayer and jot down significant moments/outcomes …..
Like any relationship, prayer has its ups and downs,
gives and takes energy and commitment –
but can become a vital part of life.
Why not do all you can to support it,
support yourself – and leave the rest to God.